Wednesday, October 07, 2009

blankets

ive been working on this blanket for awhile now
and i finally finished. i love the colors and my
fabric choices, but i am a little disappointed with
how it turned out.


i sewed in a about 25 pictures of brady and i, but
when i washed it they totally faded. i should have known.
some of the pics faded so much that it just looks like a
white piece of fabric. oh well, lesson learned. this
is one of the better pictures on the blanket.

a close up of my cute fabric choices and one
of my "white" pics.

brady asked me to recreate his childhood blanket.
here it is. i put it together while he was gone on
his white water rafting trip and he was so excited.

6 comments:

Brett M said...

I think it looks great! I know that's disappointing when a project doesn't quite turn out like you envisioned it. So sad about the pictures! I've never tried to do that, so I don't have any helpful advice for you.

Amber said...

wow!!! you are awesome! i think blankets are hard!! the quilt is way cool--i can't believe you put pictures on it--that is so cute!!

Reams Fam said...

I think that is such a cute idea! I love the colors and different fabrics that you choose! Sad the pictures didn't turn out, it's the thought that counts right?! :)

The Halladay Family said...

I love that idea, I have plans to make a quilt for my boys. Do you think that I can make 2 quilts by Christmas with limited sewing experience. I am so excited, I love your creativity.
Steph

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You are so crafty. I'm impressed. Where is your Attic Lindsayso blog?

Darla said...

um..you're adorable. Really, you are.