so i did it. i finished my first race ever. it was an 8K in pocahantas state park in richmond. i really enjoyed myself. i ran it with my friend from work, amy. we stayed together the whole time and finished together. it was fun and im now thinking i want to do another one. this was quite an accomplishment for me. i dont fancy myself to be a runner, but i might have to change that.
oh yea, and i fell down a little after half way through.not too surprising if you know me very well. i tripped
on a root coming out of the ground and was known
by some as "stump girl". i guess some people thought that
i tripped over a stump. im not sure, but this thing
is going to be a doozy in a couple days. ill
post its progress in color change.




6 comments:
I was Googling to see if anyone had posted any images from the RLAG 8K and came across your blog! I think the two of you were near me during the start. Congrats on you finishing your first race! It's addictive. Love the battle scar!
nice job. :)
Oh yeah. You are the bomb. Way to go lady. Looks like you did really well. I love doing races. The most I've ever done is a 1/2 marathon in Moab. My all time favorite. Let's all do it next year :) Good job girl. You are the cutest!
Dude - AWESOME!! I gotta say I've had bloody knees for about 29 years now, and I LOVE running races - I've never though about combining the two though... interesting approach...
Oh, and I have the three human race t-shirts - one from the actual race (that I ran in LA), one I bought in Mexico and one that I got for $2 at the Nike Outlet...
I"m totally proud cause I don't fancy myself a runner either and that is sad cause I am in a family of runners. I wish I could run an 8k let alone a mile! Keep going my friend!
Post a Comment